Instructions to create a sponsored AD Account
Posted by Casey Eyring on 16 December 2013 03:48 PM
A sponosored account is needed when someone, such as a student or contractor, needs access to UNH resources but does not have the appropriate account. A common example of this is a student needing access to the IOD fileserver and VPN, but they do not have an AD account.
NOTE: If the student is only going to be accessing the IOD fileserver from campus or the IOD-Concord office, then they can use their WILDCAT account, and do not need a sponsored account. If they are going to be accessing the fileserver from off-site, you will need to sponsor an AD account for them (follow the instructions below).
To create a sponsored account request, follow these instructions:
1. Go to accounts.unh.edu and click on the blue IT Accounts Management System button.
2. Enter your AD/UNH Username and Password, and then click "Login"
3. Click the green +Add button, then select New Sponsored User
4. Enter the sponsoring employee's information. This will most likely be you. Click Next when done.
6. Enter the sponsored user's information. This will be the student or contractor. If the student has a WILDCAT account, you can enter their username or Student ID # and it will fill in some of the information for you. You will need the following information from the student:
The following should go in the below fields:
7. Verify that their information is complete, then click Submit Account Requests. Both you and the sponsored user should receive an email once the sponsored account has been created. Please forward the username for the sponsored student from this email to the IOD Help Desk to assign them privledges on the IOD Fileserver.
If you have any questions, you can call the UNH Service Desk at 603-862-4242.