How do I convert a WebEx (.wrf or .arf) file into another format, such as .mp4 or .wmv & upload it to vimeo?
Posted by on 23 December 2013 11:26 AM
This tutorial will walk you through converting your recorded WebEx presentation into a format that can be used on other platforms, such as YouTube and Vimeo.
1. Download your WebEx Presentation
After you log into your WebEx account, click on the My Recorded Meetings link under the Host a Meeting section. Select Download from the drop-down list next to the presentation you want to download. A new window will appear, which will download your file. If the window does not appear, make sure pop-ups are not being blocked by your browser.
2. Download and install the WebEx Network Recording Player from this page: http://www.webex.com/play-webex-recording.html. You want to click the Windows or Mac link under the .ARF side. The direct download URL for the Windows client is: https://welcome.webex.com/client/wbxclient/nbr2player.msi
3. Open the presentation you downloaded in step 1. From the file menu, select File > Convert Format > MP4 (MPEG-4)... You may be asked to enter your WebEx Username and Password.
Note: We recommend converting to .MP4 over .WMV, as .WMV has audio playback problems in Vimeo.
4. In the options menu:
4a. Click Browse... to select where you want to save the converted file.
4b. In the Content Options section, select the panels you wish to include in your final video. For example, if you uncheck Video, the video feed (typically a webcam directed at the speaker), will not be visible.
4c. In the Video Quality section, select High
4d. For the Converstion Start Time, select Convert Now
5. Click OK to start the conversion process. This can take several minutes to several hours, depending on the speed of your computer and the length of the WebEx Presentation.
6. In your system tray (bottom right-hand corner of your screen), you should see the little WebEx globe indicating the conversion is taking place. You can double-click on this icon to view the conversion status of all of your videos. You can queue up additional WebEx videos to convert (the screenshot shows two videos queued for conversion)
7. Once the conversion is complete, you will receive a notification:
You can now upload your converted .MP4 video file to your desired platform (e.g. Vimeo, YouTube, Moodle Rooms, Blackboard, etc...). You will need to adjust the privacy settings on the destination platform if you do not want the video to be publicly accessible.
Uploading to Vimeo
To upload your .mp4 file to vimeo, please login to our vimeo account (submit a ticket if you need the username and password), and then follow the instructions in the video below: